Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Karbonn SMART TAB 1 is useless purchase.

I had a bad nightmare after I bought Karbonn SMART TAB 1 for my uncle. I had a budget of Rs. 7000 - 7500 when I saw this tab is coming in Rs. 6800. My uncle who is a Gram Panchayat clerk and is not very much technology person.

He asked me to buy a tab for his limited purpose of checking emails, take photos, generate MS excel reports.

This tab comes with specification:

Android v4.0 OS

7 inch Touchscreen

1.2 GHz Processor

2 MP Primary Camera

1 GB Internal Memory (accidentally available user memory of the device was lower than the stated memory due to default pre-installed apps and device OS)

512MB RAM

It was totally out of knowledge that internal memory less means even it supports 32GB microSD card the device is useless. You need at least 8GB inbuilt memory in any of the smartphone or tablet. Unless update installed apps taking more than the internal space and because of that, you can't connect the device to the internet.

Then it started hang every time when play store is open. In this tab the memory is the biggest pain. My uncle was calling me on every next hour and asking what device I bought? It is like a toy tab of Rs. 6800.

Then it starts with the battery backup problem. In September, I went to Basirhat service center and they told it will not give more than 4-5 hours backup. But the battery is 3700 mAH.

To be frank, I purchased this tablet from my friend's shop and he told me this is the best budget tab in the market. I trusted my friend and didn't even saw the details. But from next time, I will obviously see the specifications carefully before buying any such device.

Read this review at: http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Karbonn-SMART-TAB-1-review-sqtmtprmlu

No comments:

Post a Comment